Fresh seed from The Garlic Farm – the multi-award-winning, specialist garlic growers on the Isle of Wight. Elephant Garlic is what it says – enormous! Mild flavour, delicious roasted and squeezed on to mashed potato. Harvest green in June, and it will be dry by July. Plant in Autumn for best (and biggest) results, but also good for planting up to March. Elephant garlic seed is sold in cloves. Each clove will grow into a bulb, which can be up to a kilo in weight. Some cloves may be smaller, but this does not affect their end size or weight.. ABOUT THE GARLIC FARM The Isle of Wight has the perfect soil and climate for growing garlic. The farm now grows over 20 tried and tested varieties, and the knowledge and enthusiasm of its founders over the last 30 years have won them endorsements from some of the most discerning food critics and chefs in the UK and around the world.
- 2 cloves of elephant garlic seed from the award-winning Isle of Wight Garlic Farm
- Each clove will grow into an extra large bulb
- Sweet & mild, excellent roasted and in dips, sauces and mashed potato!
- Water well early in the season for best growth
- Plant from September to March