Fresh seed from The Garlic Farm – the multi-award-winning, specialist garlic growers on the Isle of Wight.
‘Albigensian Wight’ is a large, white, deep, flat bulb which is suitable for planting in the autumn and through to January. Unlike many other Mediterranean types, it has excellent storage properties and, once harvested, can keep until February following the year of harvest.
ABOUT THE GARLIC FARM The Isle of Wight has the perfect soil and climate for growing garlic. The farm now grows over 20 tried and tested varieties, and the knowledge and enthusiasm of its founders over the last 30 years have won them endorsements from some of the most discerning food critics and chefs in the UK and around the world. HOW TO GROW Carefully pull each clove from the bulb, and plant 10cm apart in well-drained soil. Do not bury the tip of the clove. Cover with a cloche during frosty weather. Water well during dry weather. Ready to harvest the following summer. Can be sown directly into the ground, or in pots/seed trays in a greenhouse or cold frame and planted out the following spring. Each bulb has between 5-8 good-sized cloves.
- Fresh seed garlic from a multi-award-winning, specialist producer. Three bulbs, averaging 5-8 cloves on each.
- Albigensian is a Mediterranean variety with excellent storage properties
- A large, white, deep, flat bulbing variety – sow from Autumn through to January
- The Garlic Farm in the Isle of Wight grows over 20 varieties which have been tried & tested for the UK climate over 30 years
- The quality of their produce, and knowledge of enthusiasm of the growers, has won them accolades and endorsements from food critics and chefs in the UK and around the world