A real pleasure to drive, the Westwood V23-50D employs a hydrostatic transmission, which allows you to adjust the ground-speed in infinite increments using dual foot-pedals – one for forward; the other for reverse.
Driving the blades, rear-wheels and power take-off is a 784cc Yanmar three-cylinder engine, which, unlike most domestic garden-tractor engines, runs on diesel rather than petrol, thereby lessening fuel-costs; reducing the emission of harmful exhaust gasses; and increasing torque at lower revs.
The high-levels of torque developed by this engine (46Nm) are harnessed by Westwood’s innovative ‘hybrid-drive’ technology, which ensures that, even at low engine-speeds there’s ample torque for challenging cutting-conditions; adverse terrain; and PTO attachments.
It features an Operating Performance Indicator, which makes it easy to keep an eye on speed and economy; and it offers a 10 preset heights-of-cut, which can be set as low as 12mm (as low as most cylinder mowers) for a really close-cut, manicured finish. Adjustments are made using a lever positioned immediately to the driver’s right hand.
Anyone who has spent all day riding around on a garden tractor will know that it can put a strain on your back. Westwood have remedied this problem by fitting the V23-50D with an ergonomic padded seat that can be set-up to suit the operator.
A double-skinned engine cowling reduces noise, making things more pleasant for you and your neighbours; while a parking-brake, which must be engaged for the engine to start, works to maximise the safety of the user and those in the vicinity of the machine.
Also featured is a differential-lock, which you can engage to avoid wheel-spin when the going gets really tough.
- Hand-built in the UK using precision-machined components. Incorporates over 35-years of accumulated tractor design-expertise. Designed to carry out tough mowing and towing jobs in the most challenging conditions.
- Powerful diesel engine will prove clean-running and exceptionally fuel-efficient. Hybrid-Drive ensures all the engine’s torque is harnessed. Extra-wide 127cm Combi deck can rear-discharge or mulch cut-grass PGC (optional) uses powered brushes to sweep even long, damp grass into the catcher.
- Collector can be emptied by simply pressing a dash-mounted button. Dual-pedal hydro-drive for infinitely-variable speed-control, both forward and reverse. OPI readout allows for at-a-glance checking of the tractor’s operational status.
- 10 preset cutting-heights for a precision finish. Ergonomic and adjustable seat for a comfortable drive. Parking-brake must be engaged for the engine to be started. Diff-lock can be engaged when that extra bit of traction is required.
- FREE – Back saver multi-us grip – Attaches quickly and easily onto most long handled tools, improves the tool’s ergonomics and increases the user’s comfort and efficiency.