The Bee Hotel is a great way to help boost the population of bees in your garden. Bees are probably the most important pollinators of crops and other plants. Unfortunately, many bee species are in decline due to loss of nesting and feeding habitats. Not all bees live in hives, this Bee Hotel mimics the conditions suitable for non aggressive and non swarming solitary bees which like to nest in tiny spaces ranging from hollow stems to holes in deadwood. The wooden stems in the Bee Hotel are of different lengths adding authenticity to the habitat. Ideally placed in a sunny position, preferably south facing, a number of bee species could take up residence but those most likely are Red Mason bees, Blue Mason bees, Leaf Cutter bees and White faced bees. The Flower Seeds for Bees have been specially selected to attract bees and other beneficial insects to your garden. This colourful blend of hardy annuals is easy to grow and includes Cornflowers, Candytuft, Zinnia, Poppy, Nigella, Silene and many other varieties which flower throughout the summer. The Bee Hotel and Flowers for Bees will make a wonderful focal point to observe the activities of bees in your garden.
- The Bee Hotel is a great way to help boost the population of bees in your garden – and includes Flower Seeds for Bees
- The Bee Hotel mimics the conditions suitable for solitary bees which are non aggressive
- Bees are probably the most important pollinators and are in decline due to the loss of nesting and feeding habitats
- Flower Seeds for Bees included – specially selected and excellent for making attractive drifts of colour and your garden a haven for wildlife
- Dimensions: H 20cm x W 20cm x D 17cm